Let's Work Together
Hi I'm Angel Garcia,
I am a multi-disciplinary Creative Director. I leverage my understanding of game development, traditional art techniques, and community to create outstanding story-led experiences for both traditional and interactive communications. I have a passion for design, entertainment, and bringing ideas to life in new and innovative ways.
META, Facebook Gaming, Creative Director | 2018 - 2022
As the Global Creative Director for Facebook Gaming in the Partnership Marketing Org, I was responsible for overseeing all brand activations for Gaming Creators and Gaming Developers. My team and I managed creative for North America, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia Pacific, handling a range of executions, from live ad shoots to digital acquisition campaigns. I collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop the Facebook Gaming brand and managed all aspects of brand development.
- Overseeing marketing campaigns creative for digital and out of home executions.
- Developing creative strategies for web and on platform user acquisition campaigns.
- Presenting an authentic gaming experience in all advertising and communications at home and abroad.
Marketing Graphic Design Lead | 2016 - 2018
Franchises - Uncharted, The Last of Us, Jak & Daxter
Studio Graphic Designer & Creative Director overseeing all Naughty Dog franchise and studio branding, for marketing or licensing use.
- Developed in partnership with Sony the The Last of Us 2 limited edition custom console and packaging.
- Review and approve global marketing assets for Sony marketing use.
- Manage and produce assets for licensing needs.
- Conceptualize various branded products inspired by in-game items.
- Develop visual strategies for print and digital initiatives.
- Active in developing original in-game brands and artwork.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to produce key art.
- Support the multiplayer team by developing a custom icon set for their new survival mode.
- Produced various UI iconography and in-game store images for the multiplayer team.
Activision | Blizzard
Graphic Design Lead | March 2016 - October 2016
Graphic Designer | February 2012 - March 2016
Franchises - Call of Duty, Destiny, Guitar Hero Live, CWL
- Created original design marketing, PR, first party needs, and packaging.
- Represented the creative services department in all cross-departmental meetings.
- Established yearly assets for both Call of Duty: Championships & Call of Duty: World League eSports
- Worked closely with Call of Duty Endowment (C.O.D.E) to develop a line of annual dog tags to raise funds for the non-profit organization.
- Oversaw editorial magazine covers for ESPN, Edge, Game Informer, and a variety of oversees publications.
- Earned a MarCom Award Gold for ESPN: Marshawn Lynch Answers The Call of Duty.
- Developed a strategic template for marketing’s mictrotransation items.
- Lead a team of Graphic Designers to support marketing needs.
- Mentored and trained all new team members across all franchises on graphic design best practices.
- Managed the process of creating high resolution screen shots for editorial use.
- Generated various internal facing design initiatives for employee engagement.
Skills & Expertise
- Creative Direction
- Brand Development
- Concept Development
- Corporate Identity
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Livestream asset development
- ESPN Magazine
- Game Informer
- Edge Magazine
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DLC
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
- Call of Duty: Declassified (PSP)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Call of Duty: Strike Team (mobile)
- Call of Duty: Elite (online)
- Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Destiny: The Taken King DLC
- Destiny: Rise of Iron DLC
- Guitar Hero Live
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
- Call of Duty Online (Tencent)
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
- Uncharted: Lost Legacy
- The Last of Us: Part 2